- The EditReady app (version 22.1 or newer) must be located in the
/Applicationsfolder. If not, this script won't run.
- EditReady does not allow this script to set additional options.
- EditReady does not allow this script to set metadata options
- This script can run standalone or with Hedge's
File Copy Completedevent.
- Add the script to the
File Copy Completedevent in Hedge's
- When a transfer completes, the script is executed and checks if the transfer was successful, and then creates proxies.
- Run the script from the Script Editor app.
- The script will ask to select a source folder.
- Wait for the script to finish, as it might take a while when processing a large number of files.
--and all that follows is a comment.
set fileExtention to "mov" -- i.e. "mov" (NOT case sensitive)
set usePreset to "ask" -- auto/ask
set manualPreset to false -- either false or specify a path like "/Users/hedgeUser/Library/Application Support/EditReady/MyPreset.erpreset"
set theProxyFolder to "auto" -- auto/ask
set showNotifications to true -- true/false
To use a custom preset with this script, open the script within Script Editor.
auto, and update the
manualPresetline to the path for your custom preset. To verify the preset path, go to Finder and enter Shift-Command-G. Enter
~/Library/Application Support/EditReadyand press return. You'll be presented with a list of all of your custom presets.
set usePreset to "auto"
set manualPreset to "/Users/hedgeUser/Library/Application Support/EditReady/MyPreset.erpreset"