Comment on page
EditReady 23.1 has a range of updates and enhancements, including performance improvements on Apple Silicon. We've also tackled one of our most requested features - the ability to mirror the folder strucutre of your source media. Look for the "Recreate Source Folders" feature within the options library.
- Recreate the source folder hierarchy on the destination
- Support for transcoding to 10-bit HEVC
- Faster transcoding when also scaling, on Apple Silicon (Thanks, Michael!)
- Reel name metadata is added to MXF files
- Adds ARRIRAW 1.2 firmware
- Updates BRAW support
- Updates Sony X-OCN support
- Fix for a potential crash transcoding R3D footage on Intel Macs (Thanks, Dorian!)
- Fix for playing back rewrapped HEVC files in FCP
- Fixes a crash when opening new BRAW media with accelerometer metadata (Thanks, Akio!)
- Some MXF files previously transcoded with EditReady wouldn't load properly in EditReady
- Fix for an issue that truncated the last frame of some MXF files (thanks, David!)
- Support for the all-new Apple ProRes Log available on iPhone 15 🥳
- Parses and applies ARRIRAW aspect ratio metadata in resulting files
- Speeds up RED transcodes
- Added a workaround for playing back DJI footage that has faulty metadata (Thanks, Jaakko!)
- Speeds up decoding for H.264 High Profile on Apple Silicon
- Fix for transcoding RED footage to H.264/5 (Thanks, Christoph!)
- Fix for transcoding hang on some M1 Ultra machines (Thanks to Samuel)
The EditReady product line is expanding! With the release of 22.4, we're adding a new
Protier, and we're starting things off with our first Pro-only feature - Phantom CineRaw (.cine) support. In addition, we're pre-releasing the new EditReady Server; perfect for workflows that require headless command line driven thumbnailing, metadata extraction, and transcodes.
- Phantom CineRAW support (requires
- Automatically generate timecode from creation and modification dates
- Parse and apply scaling for anamorphic RED footage
- New URL scheme API to add clips and trigger transcodes, to replace the CLI which is now a Server-only feature
- The retiming tool now supports 100p frame rate
- Fixed bad transcode progress on some ARRI ProRes MFX clips
- Fixed failed transcodes of interlaced footage to ProRes on m1 Pro/Ultra
- Improved memory use during BlackMagic Raw to H264/265 transcodes
- Improved ARRIRAW decode performance
- Fix for a rare crash decoding ARRIRAW
- Create .mp4 files when converting to h.264/5
- Improved clip playback!
- Added ProRes 4444 XQ input and output formats
- Updated RED SDK to v8.3.0. (Bonus: improved performance on M1)
- Faster thumbnail creation of Canon RAW on M1
- Fixed possible gamma shift/clipping when applying overlays
- Fixed doubled first frame for X-OCN MXF sources
- Adds support for Fujifilm XH2s Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist
- Fix for frame stuttering on some transcodes
- Better fallbacks for bad source colorspace metadata
- Fix for Canon RAW decode on intel dual GPU systems
- ARRIRAW now requires 10.15 or newer.
- Fix for crash when launching EditReady on 10.15
- Fixes a crash when closing the player while playing back ARRI files
- "Show in Finder" now works for ARRI files too.
- Canon Raw Light (CRM) media is now supported!
- Support for the brand new ARRI ALEXA 35 camera
- New Log formats and color conversions: Canon's CLog2 and CLog3, and ARRI LogC4
- Support for Leica SL2-S clips captured through BMD's Video Assist
- Fix for a crash when parsing some specific non-Sony MXF files
- Fix for possible black frames when decoding DNxHR 10 bit
- Support for Sony F65 high frame rate RAW files
- Improved stability and performance for Sony RAW and X-OCN files
- New color pipeline improvements to better support media without color tags
- RAW formats report correctly as progressive in the
- Better detection of spanned media on network storage
- Select a single output colorspace when mixing codecs
- Convert clips into video or Log formats
- Convert colorspace prior to LUT application to allow the use of camera manufacturer LUTs
- Colorspace-aware overlay compositing
- Higher-quality resizes and blends
- Sony RAW and X-OCN support
- Fixes DNxHD and HR 10bit targets
- Some users experienced DNxHR 4444 color channel swaps
- Fixes a crash caused by some malformed .mov files
- Scaling BRAW source files is now again as fast as it should be
- Fix for ProRes to HEVC transcodes on M1 Max & Ultra
- Improved support for ProRes RAW on 10.14.
- Support for spanning R3D clips.
- XAVC clips had a one-frame offset, no longer.
- BRAW to H.264/5 now works properly too.
- R3D overlays no longer cause crashes.
- Fix for a crashing preset
- Added support for ARRIRAW MXF files and ARI sequences
- Added support for CODEX-encoded ARX sequences
- Added support for RED-encoded R3D files
- Added support for ProRes RAW files
- Updated Blackmagic RAW support to BRAW 2.1.2
- Added support for GoPro Hero 10+ HEVC files
- Licenses now come with a year of free updates 🎉
- New Metal-based video pipeline for better performance and higher quality on Apple silicon Macs 💪🏽
Last modified 2mo ago